Friday, May 17, 2013

Working, Working, Working

Have been working on a couple kitchen cabinets to take up to my antique booth to sell.  The first is a pie safe cabinet that really just needed a good cleaning.

                                           Going to use it to display old quilts until it sells.
The second piece is a two piece cabinet with two glass doors on the top.  The glass is original to the piece and is so wavy when it catches the light just so.  Decided to give Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint another try on this one.  Felt like it needed some color added to it, used Luckett's green.  Oh how I loved this color, has a real vintage look to it.
I used MinWax stain and sealer on the entire cabinet including on top of the milk paint to make it more durable.  Loved how the golden oak color of the stain made the milk paint look instantly aged.


 I bought this cabinet in pieces, it had already been stripped but the doors, hinges, handles and bread board were all laying inside the bottom piece.  The bottom piece had some thick yellow linoleum stuck to it and I mean stuck.  Had to get out the putty knife and pry the stuff off along with a lot of scrapping.

                       This picture is of it in place in front of my booth where I sell antiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment